Fullmetal Alchemist
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plot idea & Timeline WIP (This is approved by Uly)

5 posters

Go down

Plot idea & Timeline WIP (This is approved by Uly) Empty Plot idea & Timeline WIP (This is approved by Uly)

Post by Mavroh Lowe Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 am

Ok.... this site needs a plot. It's non-canon so copying the original plot would be quite boring so I'll try to make up a plot for every important character group. Please leave comments about things you would edit or don't like or if you approve of the whole thing right away. But before starting with the character group plots, I'll put up a timeline that speaks for the plot. Yes, it will be greatly copied from the wiki, but it's to have an idea what everything is about and what will be changed in my non-canon plot idea. You can also comment on the timeline as it is part of the plot. It's just a rough draft of some possible historical events I threw together.

Timeline idea:

I will continue to present unique character plots I thought up with. Open for discussion and criticism. The groups are the following:

Ishvalans
Military (State Alchemists and any unique chars in military like chimeras or Ishvalans etc. included)
Alchemists
Chimeras
Homunculi

I didn't include Civilians as they should be free characters imo. They can do whatever and won't be incorporated specifically in the plots of the single groups.

EDIT: I changed it from "plot" to situation. This is not directly a plot, rather than a situation. The "real" plot will be something arc-like that will begin with the moment of approval and will last until the story is finished. After that, I'll think up a new plot. That's how this site will most likely continue. With arcs. The momentary situations are basically just conditions in which the single groups are atm. They build the basis of how the different groups will continue. For example Ishvalans may turn into a reformed version of what they were, or actually stay as the were. They may get access to be in the government, they may not get access. Future will show, but they are not plots as the don't have a huge impact on everything.

Ishvalan:

Military:

Alchemists:

Chimera:

Homunculi:

Last edited by Mavroh Lowe on Thu May 02, 2013 5:02 am; edited 6 times in total
Mavroh Lowe
Mavroh Lowe

Back to top Go down

Plot idea & Timeline WIP (This is approved by Uly) Empty Re: Plot idea & Timeline WIP (This is approved by Uly)

Post by Kisuke T. Bloodedge Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:43 am

I somewhat just skimmed through the timeline, so please forgive me if I sound stupid.

As far as I understand, the homunculi are a race that are in great numbers, seeing as they were able to start rebellions and such. That could imply they could reproduce somehow...kind of doesn't fit any of the animes. I don't have a problem with that, but it could use a little more explaining. As you did say before though, there will be editing...hopefully. just don't want there to be too many nonsensical holes in this plot XD

I might comment on other things as I think about it, but for now I'll just give this plot idea two thumbs up!

PS
Uly might already have a plot figured out, so I'm not sure what he'll think about this. Just a heads up.
Kisuke T. Bloodedge
Kisuke T. Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Plot idea & Timeline WIP (This is approved by Uly) Empty Re: Plot idea & Timeline WIP (This is approved by Uly)

Post by Mavroh Lowe Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:09 am

It's like this:

Homunculi get created by the government as human weapons

They fail to control them and they start to go rogue. Extermination of homunculi begins.

This is supposed to be a secret from the government and all, but the homunculi have survived throughout the history and found a way to not reproduce, but produce themselves on alchemical basis.
Mavroh Lowe
Mavroh Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah Galen Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:23 am

I like the individual plots and the main plot is well though out, though I can't help but feel something is missing. I'm just not sure what ?

I must think.
Noah Galen
Noah Galen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavroh Lowe Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Update: Since Uly might be already figuring out a plot, I don't think all this will be in vain. Especially the timeline idea has probably not come up with until now as I myself only thought of it while skimming through the wiki.

I guess some of it can still be used as an idea giver to Uly and incorporate some aspects in his own plot.
Mavroh Lowe
Mavroh Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisuke T. Bloodedge Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 pm

(just so you know, i was about to post until someone else posted, so just read this post as if the post right above it hasn't been posted yet. That doesn't mean to ignore either of the posts, im just giving a heads up about why it's worded this way)

Sorry for not understanding what you meant, my bad.

so i saw that you have individual plots for every 'race' so to speak. In my opinion, this individual plot idea is a little restrictive for each of the races. For instance, by saying that the chimeras don't know where they came from funnels the kind of history each chimera could have by getting rid of the part on where and when they were created. Another example would be for the Alchemists (yeah, i know. by pointing this out i could be called a selfish hypocrite in some way, but im doing it anyway), they all are searching for eternal life, according to the individual plot idea you have. That would restrict how all the alchemists would think. I do understand that we have more than enough Alchemists at the moment, but funneling the personality to make them more 'boring' (in my opinion) is a little silly. Even if that's not your intention, that part is a little restrictive anyway. Now for the Military plot, that is kind of dull. I'm not going to say anything other than that the military has always done this kind of stuff. The Ishvalan plot, liek the chimera and alchemist plots, funnels the personality, but this time, into two seperate groups within the group. It's a great plot, don't get me wrong, but i'd rather not see all the Ishvalans have non-distinctive personalities.

Sorry if im missing some information, but as far as i can see, the main plot is all we really need. Everyone should be able to do what they want without the individual plots funneling ideas into characters. Again though, this is just my opinion. Sorry if it offends you in any way.
Kisuke T. Bloodedge
Kisuke T. Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardere Flamewright Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:06 pm

I like the idea, just sayin. Seems like you put a lot of work into it.
Ardere Flamewright
Ardere Flamewright

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisuke T. Bloodedge Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:40 pm

it's not that i don't love the idea, it's that the plots are too set in stone and go into one direction. Unless I'm understanding this wrongly, then sorry for the comments.
Kisuke T. Bloodedge
Kisuke T. Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Mikallister Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Isn't it good that plots lead up to the same point? Of course everyone will have their own thing to do, but if it gets too jumbled up and varied it can't really be considered a plot, just a bunch of separate mini stories.
Jack Mikallister
Jack Mikallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisuke T. Bloodedge Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:26 pm

hmmm, but if the plot has a singular goal, wouldn't the ending to said plot just cause the end of the story altogether? I don't mind finishing the plot with a singular intention, but in the end, i would mind...i would have nothing to do then...(though a jumbled-up plot isn't any good either, so good point)

Now an 'Arc' can end while still leaving room for more things to do. Plots have basically permanent endings. An Arc can even lead into another Arc. Kind of hard to explain though. An Arc is basically just a mini-plot that needs filling with another Arc. Nevermind...i give up...I just don't like everyone sharing the same ending. That's just boring in my opinion.
Kisuke T. Bloodedge
Kisuke T. Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Mikallister Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:46 pm

I know what you mean with the arc thing. But yeah, that's how I imagined it to be, separate episodes with one main idea.

Like, the plot of FMA was: The Elric Brothers are searching for the Philospher's Stone to heal their bodies and correct the mistake they made. However the anime/manga also has separate story arcs, branching up to that main plot and ending.

So there's the plot, and the plot is made up of said story arcs. And obviously it will come to an end, but then we could just make up a new one. :D
Jack Mikallister
Jack Mikallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavroh Lowe Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:16 am

Ok, it seemed I caused a bit too much of a confusion ^^' Sry guys. But this is all discussable. Nothing is set in stone or is unchangeable. Now to Kisuke, who seemed to have thought about this the most.

The plots are supposed to give a rough idea, what you will deal with the most. This is nothing definite, and of course! these plots do NOT take away character plots. It's just supposed to show what Alchemists, Ishvalans and Military are doing at the moment. They need something to deal with. So maybe it's not really a plot, but a momentary situation. Chimera's on that part, I think I worded that quite well. I wrote "It seems that not even Chimeras themselves know why they are half-animal". This does in no way dictate Chimera's not to know where they came from.

But here's my idea behind all this. If we don't have a set timeline and momentary situations of the different groups, then history's of characters won't match, people will kind of follow their own personal plot and maybe make it interfere with others etc. So instead, everybody following a line that will lead up to a certain point. Instead of one member who wants his character to search for the philosopher's stone, and another character who is trying to search for the key to eternal life, we will have a set idea that WILL limit some stuff. But that's what "plots" are for, to narrow what we will do in the future down to stuff. But as said, personal character plots are something very much welcomed.

Now to Jack:

I think how you described the "arc" idea was great. I never intended to make this one single plot we will follow for the next year or so. This is supposed to be a momentary line we can orientate ourselves on. Once a good point, leading everything together has been found, we move on and somethiing new will stand ahead.
Mavroh Lowe
Mavroh Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kisuke T. Bloodedge Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:27 am

Ok, thanks for clearing some questions I had Mav ^_^

So now that I know all that, I can safety say that I love this plot idea. Sorry for the fuss, but I just wanted to make sure everyone's own little character plot wouldn't need changing.
Kisuke T. Bloodedge
Kisuke T. Bloodedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mavroh Lowe Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am

Up until now it's fine. But since we currently don't have a plot, it will happen that people will just randomly do what they feel, if we don't get a plot. That was my idea.
Mavroh Lowe
Mavroh Lowe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum